I’ve had a long term love affair with the chicken sandwich. There really isn’t anything fancy or special about it, but sometimes, a basic chicken sandwich is all you need. This recipe is one of my favorite versions on the classic grilled chicken sandwich.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
This is a basic, but really good chicken sandwich. Cheese, bacon and honey mustard on a nice toasted bun. Heaven.
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 slices Swiss or provolone cheese
- 2 buns
- tomato slices
- 2 to 4 tablespoons honey mustard to taste
- salt and pepper
- Fire up the grill to high for direct heat grilling. Clean and oil your grates.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the breast on the hottest part of the grill 2 minutes.
- Using tongs, lift each breast, rotate 45 degrees and then place them back on the grill.
- After 2 to 4 minutes, lift the chicken breasts with tongs and flip them over.
- Grill for 2 more minutes and then rotate again 45 degrees to make our grill marks on this side.
- Continue grilling for another 1 to 2 minutes until juices run clear and then add the cheese. Cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Remove from grill and let rest.
- Toast the buns on the grill.
- Add the chicken to the buns.
- Top with bacon cooked with the must-have cast iron skillet. You can follow our directions here for super crispy bacon.
- Smoother in honey mustard and top with lettuce and tomato. Add bun lid and eat.
Simple and delicious