A delicious twist on an old chicken recipe, oven baked mustard chicken moved over to the grill adds the flavor of the open flame. This is one of my favorite recipes from the kitchen that I’ve have taken out to the grill. The mustard, garlic and butter flavors meld together to flavor the chicken to top notch yum.
Grilling Mustard Chicken Breasts
A delicious twist on an old chicken recipe, oven baked mustard chicken moved over to the grill adds the flavor of the open flame.
- 4 chicken breasts on the bone with skin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Clean, preheat and oil the grill.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Coat all sides of the chicken with mustard.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave or on the stove in a small pan. Remove from heat.
- Mince the garlic or use a garlic press, and add to the butter. Mix in the breadcrumbs and salt and pepper.
- Add about two tablespoons of the breadcrumb mixture under the skin of the chicken breasts.
- Grill over indirect heat with the lid closed until the juices run clear and breadcrumbs are a golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Calories: 495kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 132mg | Sodium: 1009mg | Potassium: 494mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 357IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 3mg
Leave a Reply