One benefit to living on the coast in Florida, aside from the beaches, the warm weather, fresh citrus and giant flying cockroaches you can saddle up and ride to work…. is the access to fresh fish. In this recipe I grill up some fresh red snapper and top with a tasty wasabi and avocado sauce.
Red snapper is a great fish for grilling. Its firm, mild white flesh can be grilled with the skin on, which keeps it from falling apart when cooking.
Grilled Red Snapper with Wasabi Avocado Sauce
- 1 lb fresh red snapper filet skin still on one side, about 1 inch thick
- salt and fresh ground pepper for fish
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon Wasabi powder more or less to your taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the grill to medium with an indirect grilling area (not directly over the flame or coals)
- Cook for about 8 and check to see if it is done.
- While fish is cooking, puree all other ingredients using a blender or food processor.
- Remove snapper from the grill, add sauce to the top of the fish and serve.