Chicken quesadillas are a good grill food for fresh grilled chicken or for leftovers. They also make for a great tailgating menu. Create a quesadilla bar sign up sheet using ThingToBring.com with all of the components to make a tailgating quesadilla bar! If you have some leftover grilled chicken breasts or left over grilled veggies, just add some cheese and tortillas, and you’re ready to go Mexican!
We like to use our VillaWare Pizza Grill, as it makes the perfect platform for grilling quesadillas. You can check out our review. If you don’t have yours yet, you can just put the tortillas on directly on the grill, over a low heat.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper sliced in 1 inch thick slices
- 1 onion sliced in 1 inch thick slices
- 4 tortillas large flour
- 2 cups cheese cheddar or mix of your preference
- Grill some chicken breasts following the directions on the link.
- Lightly coat red peppers and onions with olive oil.
- Grill red peppers and onions, straight on the grill if you are careful, or in a Weber grill basket over direct medium heat. Keep an eye on the peppers as they can quickly go from done to burned.
- Once the chicken was ready, cut it up into pieces
- Assemble the quesadilla. Lay out a tortilla and add cheese first, then the chicken, onions and pepper.
- With the pizza stone in the "zone" at 500 degrees, slid on the quesadilla.
- After only about 2 minutes, the cheese will be melted, so the only thing left was to fold it in half and remove from the grill.
- These quesadillas are just amazing. Just add some homemade guacamole to finish off the dish nicely.