It is Summer and that means corn is pretty much free. Seriously, I don’t know how they make money on it, I just bought 10 ears for $3! We make grilled corn on the cob so much this time of the year that I am always looking for other recipes to use it in. This grilled corn and quinoa salad is super easy to throw together and makes a great side dish. As a bonus, it makes a ton of healthy leftovers for when you are nursing those 5 extra points after a weekend of barbecuing. Goes great with the meat sweats.
Grilled Corn and Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups quinoa
- 6 ears of corn
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine the quinoa and 3.5 cups of water in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Keep the lid on, but remove the pot of quinoa from the heat and let sit for 5 more minutes to steam the quinoa and make it fluffy.
- Follow our directions on this grilled corn on the cob post to prepare all of your grilled corn.
- Once cooled, cut the kernels from the cobs.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, salt and pepper to make your dressing.
- Chop the scallions and basil.
- Toss together the quinoa, scallions, basil and grilled corn on the cob with the dressing and serve warm or cold.