After stopping by the Walmart Steak-Over Challenge, the folks running the show sent me the winning recipe from Paramedic Sergio Leon at Station 8 in Tampa. Let us know what you think.
Sergio’s Classic Tampa Bay Rib-eyes
Award winning simple steak recipe
- 3-4 Walmart Choice Rib-eye steaks , about 24-32 ounces total
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic , minced
- 3 tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal® Steak Seasoning
- A.1.® steak sauce for serving (optional)
- Place the steaks in a shallow dish or zip-top bag. Mix olive oil, garlic and 2 tablespoons of steak seasoning together, and pour over the steaks, turning the meat over and rubbing the marinade in to coat both sides. Marinate for 1-2 hours, turning steak once halfway through to coat again with the sauce.
- When ready to cook, prepare a charcoal grill for direct high heat (450-500 degrees F) using Kingsford® Hickory charcoal. Brush the cooking grates clean.
- Remove the steak from the marinade. Place steak on the grill and cook with the lid closed, turning once or twice, until cooked to your desired doneness, 6-8 minutes for medium rare. Remove steaks from the grill and let rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. Serve with A.1. steak sauce, if desired.