“Hankering” means to have a strong desire for something. I had to look it up, my wife said it wasn’t a word but there it is right on the internet, so you know it is true. Anyways, I’ve had a hankering lately for all things curry. To scratch that curry itch, I made a huge batch of this curry rub for grilled curry chicken so that I can just sprinkle some magic on my weeknight grilled chicken breasts. Scale this recipe up yourself and store in an air-tight container. It doesn’t spoil and makes a great quick rub for grilled chicken and grilled pork chops.
Grilled Curry Chicken Breasts
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tsp hot Madras curry powder
- 1.5 tsp ground coriander
- 1.5 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Pound the chicken breasts down to uniform thickness to make sure they cook evenly. While you are at it, trim all of that nasty fat off of them too.
- Brush the chicken breasts with a little bit of the olive oil.
- Mix all of the rub ingredients together.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts generously with the curry rub.
- Grill the chicken breasts over medium-high heat until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.