This spicy black bean and mango salsa can go great as a topper for a Jerk turkey burger, or as a side dish or side salad for any of your grilling entrees.
Black Bean & Mango Salsa
Spicy black bean and mango salsa. This is a great side dish, especially when served cold in the summer.
- 1/2 cup black beans, soaked overnight in enough water to cover the beans then drain
- 1 medium ripe mango peeled and diced to small cubes (1/4 inch cubes or smaller)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder medium spicy
- pinch salt to taste
- 2 grinds pepper
- Simmer the drained black beans in the chicken stock for 1 hour or until tender.
- Drain and refrigerate the beans.
- In a bowl, whisk the olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, chili powder, salt and pepper together.
- Add to chilled beans.
- Add diced mango and gently mix.
- Refrigerate the mango and black bean salsa until ready to use.
- Serve cold.
Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 350mg | Potassium: 387mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 723IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg
Leave a Reply